Topics We’re Talking to Clients About
My team and I are spending more time talking to end user business managers about compliance lately. Here are some of the inquiries we've received.
1. The area of compliance is very complex. My organization is multinational and has several overseas locations – what is the best way to approach compliance from the corporate standpoint?
2. Massachusetts has just enacted a new data privacy law “201 CMR 17.00 "Standards for the protection of personal information"; how does this law differ from others and what should organizations do to prepare for similar laws?
3. Is it true that payments that are legal in many countries are prohibited by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FPCA)?
a. How do organizations avoid issues with FCPA?
b. What are an organization’s core responsibilities under FCPA?
4. How can organizations figure out what they should be doing in terms of preparing and executing electronic discovery?
5. What are the latest trends in domestic partner law and how will they impact employers?